#182: Find the GLORY in the GEARS
As we work towards our goals, this is the CONSTANT that we experience.
- We ALL want to meet our goals as quickly as possible (umm, overnight would be nice, right?)
- It NEVER happens overnight.
- It's a GOOD thing that it doesn't happen overnight because that is how we learn and grow.
- ANYTHING can be tackled one step at a time.
- There is GLORY in breaking it all down and feeling those small, daily wins that overtime make a huge impact.
As Charles Duggan says in his book: The Power of Habit…
“Once you break a habit into its components, you can fiddle with the gears.”
So it all seems to boil down to this…
We all want it right now. We want to wake up tomorrow and have our goals met. But the fact is we have to break it down into pieces. We have to take it step-by-step and build as we go. We have to have faith that the small steps will eventually lead us to the larger goal.
And what I'm learning is this… the secret sauce emerges when you are able to find joy in the breaking down of the parts.
It comes when you focus on figuring out what to do THIS week, and then what to do NEXT week.
It comes when you find yourself getting creative in the process and taking advice and then applying it to YOUR life to make it work for YOU. Now that is some seriously empowering stuff.
Listen to this week's episode to find the glory in the gears.
Offering LIVESTREAM virtual classes from right inside the Get Lively®: Health & Fitness Studio! Join from anywhere – look for classes labeled VIRTUAL on the schedule: www.getlivelynow.com/fitness